Sunday, July 20, 2014

God has not ceased to be a God of Miracles" 11 25 13

November 25 13
My Family!

"...God has not ceased to be a God of Miracles." (Mormon 9:15).  Family, I do not have a big enough vocabulary to describe my happiness.  It just keeps getting better.  I think that's a pretty good summary of how I feel.  I'd leave it at that, but I guess I'll talk about the week a little bit.  With a new companion, baptisms in a river, and more baptisms to come, I've almost got tears of joy on my face just thinking about how I'm going to word all this...

My companion first - Elder Todd, from Anchorage, Alaska.  1st cool thing is that his last name is Todd so when you combine us, we're Todd Brown.  Shout out to my dad, Todd Brown!  What's more, his dad's name is Shane, so when you combine us, it can also be, Shane Todd.  Shout out to his dad, Shane Todd! Elder Todd and I have been having a great time together.  In honor of his life in Alaska, we've been drinking real Swiss Miss How Chocolate since because of the constant rain, it's actually been almost chilly out for my first time here.  He's also just as fired up as me about the whole miracles deal.  on Friday, we we hopped around the three districts in our zone to inspire (we hope - we had a cool message we shared at each) every one about seeing miracles this transfer.  We've had a  lot so far:

The 1st miracle I won't tell you about, the 2nd is personal, and there are countless, but what I'll share with you is Saturday!  Remember that less-active family who lives super far away and the dad walked 1 1/2 hours to church with a bad hernia and the mom was an active minister in another religion before she came back to church?  now they've made this miraculous come-back and Mom is sharing the Gospel with all 14 of here nonmember siblings, etc.  Well, as a mile stone of their coming back to the Church, their two kids (9,11) were finally baptized!  2 1/2 months ago, before I visited them for the first time, I felt like it wasn't a good use of time to go way out there... But we were prompted, and now look at the fruits of our labor!  I've never felt more blessed/ guided in my life.  We had the baptism/service at a river nearby.  It started to rain right when we got there so we just sang one verse of a hymn, had the opening prayer, did the baptisms then ran back to a member's house for the talks and stuff.  Even standing in a river (which felt great to "fall" into by the way!!), I could feel the Spirit.

At church, I got to do one of the confirmations - amazing opportunity.  Then we sat in the youth class which talked about goals. Remember that awesome investigator family we found a few months ago? And the Dad had the spiritual experience at that one baptism?  Well in the youth class, the daughter was asked what her goal before the end of 2013 is.  She replied, "It's my goal to be baptized."  And it just got better.  I couldn't explain it all or give you every detail, but know it's a miraculous time to be a missionary.  It probably always is, but even more-so once we consciously recognize it, and strive for more.

Maybe I'd be wrong in saying I'm the happiest person in the world... But it sure feels like it! (:  The beauty is, we call all be this happy, and it just keeps getting batter.  I encourage you to forget yourself and be active in missionary work!

Love, Elder Shane Scully Brown

 1-2 baptism
3 new district, big american hugging the poly is my comp
4-6 a cool mall and bowling with my temporary comp last sunday








No comments:

Post a Comment