Thursday, July 24, 2014

Capitol of the Philippines 6-30-14

Family!

T-5hrs.  Time minus five hours.  In five hours... I'm flying to Manila!  The Philippines has this new thing where a month before you leave, you have to appear in person to the visa office place.  SO, this is good for two great things: 1) I get to go to Manila! 2) Even better, I get to see all of my friends from the MTC there!  Remember how my mission split in July last year?  Well, my MTC companion and everyone else I new ended up in Naga mission so I haven't seen them since then.  Also, Tyler Kesler was on the list of people going as well!  I'm pretty sure that we're all sleeping at the same hotel tonight (we go back tomorrow) so I'll try and find everyone.  Should be fun!  More updates next week.

Next, new companion.  Well, kinda.  President decided that we need to have another elder come in for training before I leave.  Guess who it is.... Elder Hatch!  Don't you remember (probably not) that we were already companions! We were together for my one transfer in Pilar, I was his "follow up trainer" (AKA 2nd companion in the field) and now here we are, companions again, but in a whole new world.  So fun!  We're really excited.  

We worked really hard this week.  Aaaaaand...you couldn't really see the "fruits" of our efforts at church on Sunday.  Sunday was one of those Sundays when you just expect the entire world (investigators, less actives) to be there.... then, almost no one comes.  On one hand, it's sad because you love them and know what they're missing out on, but on the other, you have to be happy knowing that you did you best because we felt the Spirit so strongly in every lesson we taught this week.  Lots of journal entries.

Hope my email is short enough that you'll be able to read it all without skimming too much.  Love you!

Elder Shane Brown

Pictures - 

1.  Crazy, right?




2.  Elders Yu, Hatch and I.



3.  A missionary got sick and had to go to the hospital, then he learned that he would have to go straight to Manila then go home so he gave us a big list and we had to drive way out to his 
apartment to pack his stuff for him.


4-10.  Some random pictures.  



No comments:

Post a Comment