Sunday, November 17, 2013

Great Week and Happy Birthday to my Mother(s)! 10 21 13

My family!  Marahay na aga sa indong gabos!

First of all... Happy birthday to my mother!!! Also to my second mother, Shauna Elliott!  October 23rd is the day to spoil them!  I'm pretty sure my mom is turning 29 (AGAIN) so that's how many candles will go on the cake (:

This week was exciting.  Tuesday morning, we were having our studies when Williams stops and just says, "Are you shaking?"  A pause.  I think about it... I'm not shaking, but hala(!) the whole building is!!!..... EARTHQUAKE!  As I'm sure you can picture, I made a dash to the front door just in time to get out of our apartment before the whole thing collapsed!!!  -that last bit is just a joke.  However, I freaked out!  Though it turned out to be okay...  (I refused to go inside for a few minutes for fear of aftershock).  Joking aside, I'm pretty sure the earthwuake was quite destructive more to the South of the Philippines. (Cebu?)

It's elections next week for all the baranggay's (communities).  This simply means that people strap massive speakers to anything with wheels and a motor then drive around all day blasting the same voiced over song onver and over and over again in support of their candidate.  ...This would never fly in America.

I've finished and am of course again starting the Book of Mormon.  Somethings which have really stuck out to me are all of the verses I remember sharing with specific people.  I'll get to a verse or story, and can totally picture myself in a lesson I taught a year ago.  Really makes me appreciate every moment I've had here, and will still have.  And we've certainly been making the most of it!  I can't think of a time where I've felt the Spirit more than I do now!  The whole promise of the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost is true.  To give you an idea of what comes with this gift from constant worthiness, I quote Galatians 5:22-23, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance..." (this was the topic of my talk yesterday).

That pretty much describes it.  So simple true and wonderful.  Thanks for your support (letters!).  Love you! 

Elder Shane Brown

Pictures - 


3-4. Coming home from a funeral service.  This was supposed to be a bridge but they never finished it (hence, the trees)



No comments:

Post a Comment