Monday, November 12, 2012

Liver, Big Fish and Beauty of the Philippines


Hey team!  

We had a good week this week!  We continued with our hard work, doing good, and of course playing basketball on Monday mornings.  However, I did get the opportunity to branch out from the regularity:

I had the opportunity to have my first taste of liver, and eat a fish - just a whole fish, laying dead on a plate.  Hah I was a little hesitant at first, but it ended up not being so bad.  The liver, with it's sauce on rice, was actually one of the most delicious things that I've had in a while (:  

Turns out, I've been here for just about as long as I was in the MTC for.  Doesn't seem like that at all.  To me, I feel as if I was in the MTC for two or three days, then I came over to the Philippines and I've been here for about a day and a half - which means I gave me farewell talk in church just last week.  Crazy how that works out.  I've really loved it though.  Of course I'm reminded that I'm a completely different world quite often - stray dogs/cats everywhere, rundown buildings, huts for houses, constant rain, and all that coupled with indescribable beauty, the lush green, the fire flies, the ring of light around the moon every night -  but I'm starting to really feel at home here.  I love it (:

Thanks for all the support, I love you all!

Elder Shane Scully Brown

Pictures - 

1. That's me walking (Thumbs up sign)

2.  Most of the elders in my district.


No comments:

Post a Comment