Monday, November 5, 2012

Week 6 OCT 28th Bananas


Howdy Team!

How's everything going doon sa America? I hope it's great, but I'm pretty sure it can't be as awesome as the Philippines (: Even though it was my mother's birthday last week. Oh I forgot to announce that in my last email, my mother's birthday was last week, make sure you don't forget! I celebrated by buying some bananas. That's my new thing. Bananas. They are so much better here than in America... and cheaper. I eat them with pretty much everything (: I'm sure I'll get sick of them pretty soon, but you can rest assured that I'm eating healthier for the time being! There was a huge storm last week, luckily the bananas survived.

The first transfer is over! I can't believe I've already been here for one... Time sure goes by fast. After this next 6-week transfer period I'll officially be done with my training! Not that I won't have more to learn of course (because learning is a life-long occasion) but it means new companion, and possibly a new area.

Being on a mission has really helped me to keep working hard and doing good. I've learned though that I should always be "anxiously engaged in a good cause." (D&C 58: 26-28). Of course it's easy for me to say now that I'm here, but I wish I would have let myself be more involved with service and things like that when I was home. Now I have a set schedule and it's a lot easier to know how I can help, but I have a renewed desire for service here - I love it. Anyways, just some food for your thoughts.

Well our area is going great. Despite opening it up from scratch we were able to hit the mission standards of excellence this week in terms of lessons taught. It's amazing to see how much hard work coupled with prayer and faith can do. We're doing lots here, and I could go on and on about everything that we're getting done, but you know that "pictures say a thousand words". That being said, I've attached 4000 words for you to look over after this short little update (:

Love ya!

Elder Shane Scully Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment