Sunday, August 19, 2012

As Your Mission Goes.. So will the Rest of Your LIFE!

Howdy team!

How are things?  I can't believe it has already been a week since I last wrote.  But on top of that, I can't believe that I have been here for a month!  Time is flying.  But at the same time, it's still as if I have been here for my whole life.  I'm really getting used to the MTC life.  And I love Sundays.  Usual schedule is read scriptures and relax all morning (one in the same at this point) then go to Music and the Spoken Word.  That is such a great time to listen to hymns/ write letters - on par with listening to Elder Finely play piano as I write.  This always sets the happy and joyous mood for the rest of the day.  We write talks, go to priesthood/sacrament, have temple walk, go to the fireside then finish with a church movie or filmed talk... !e always choose the movie (:  I still can't get over how peaceful all of that is compared with my old Sunday schedule at home.

We are learning Tagalog like crazy.  I figured out that I learn vocab about 8x faster than I did at my best point in Spanish, but on top of that, we just about know all of the grammer!  After continual promises from our teachers and MTC Presidency of fluency when we leave, or zone has decided to make those promises a reality.  We SYL (Speak Your Language) 100%.  SYL means use what you know then do something more - go look up what you couldn't say, etc.  My companion and I have been extremely surprised/pleased that, with the exception on random vocab, we can say almost anything we want to, in Tagalog!  I do believe that I can be fluent.  This is...  The coolest thing ever.

I heard a good wuote at somepoint last week, "As your mission goes, so goes the rest of you life."  President Ezra Taft Benson sure motivates me to work hard with that quote.  I can't imagine living my whole life as a Lazy.  Anyways we either move forward or backward, and I promise you that my being here is worht it - because I am moving forward.

Love you all,

Elder Shane Scully Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment