Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Brown Never Turns Back March 4th












Hello Team!

We had a Zone Activity today so I'm somewhat pressed for time.  I'll throw some good pictures on so you can at least see how I'm doing.

In short, we ate quid, met a German, had an early birthday (not really), enjoyed another fiesta, and came up with a fun joke.  A good week.  The joke: When teens say hi to us, I speak English and Balanon (my comp!) pretends to be my translator then I reveal myself after a while.  As in, I speak Tagalog.  It's actually a good finding activity, sometimes it works.  Also I learned a few things this week -

Turns out, my father's ridiculous inherited saying, "A brown never turns back" is doctrinal.  Normally, the law fell through when we would pass Cafe Rio on the way to Utah (we were actually in Utah at that point) and my mom would make us turn around.  But in all seriousness, it's a great motto.  This is what Christ said about it, "No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back [or turning back on commitment], is not fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62).  Guess we all shouldn't turn back pala.  Good call Dad.  One more thing - Remember when Jesus commanded us to be perfect?  Did he just say that then leave it to us to figure out what we need to do?  Nope.  He gave us the Sermon on the Mount, a description of an exalted man (God).  Remember the Beatitudes?  Guess what, they are "the constitution for a perfect life." (Harold B Lee).  Let's all review Matthew 5-7 and see what the heck I'm talking about.

Okay that's it.  Have a good week and enjoy the pictures!

Pictures - 

1. My Birthday cake!  Just kidding, for a member that.  Also, Shane is a girl's name here.

2.  Eating and celebrating

3.  District picture

4.  A really cool picture because my backpack was stuffed

5.  Beautiful sunset

6.  Still dark sunrise on a hike

7.  Beautiful sunrise

8.  Helping the Sisters move

9.  After a successful move

10.  Cute

11.  Fun face.  But notice the shirt.... AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization), I did that!

12.  This family feeds us lunch every Saturday (:

13.  Walking

That's a lot now... I'll send more next week for the Zone Activity



No comments:

Post a Comment